Today, more Canadians than ever are interested in healthy living and cultivating a naturally healthy lifestyle. That’s why up to 45.6% of us take one or more natural supplements. Moreover, about 21% of us close nutritional gaps and improve our health with something other than a pre-formulated vitamin.
Why You Should Drink Parsley Juice
Among natural herbs, parsley is often underappreciated and overlooked. It’s not only a powerful flavor additive but also a versatile functional food. It has notable potential positive health effects including and beyond its nutritional value.
1. Parsley Juice May Cure Your Nutritional Deficiencies
Parsley juice is rich in essential vitamins and nutrients. One cup can contain up to:
- Vitamin C: 133% of the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI)
- Vitamin A: 101% of the RDI
- Folate: 12% of the RDI
- Iron: 20% of the RDI;
- Magnesium: 4% of the RDI
Parsley juice is well-suited for use as a natural supplement, especially by the many Canadians getting too few of these nutrients.
2. Parsley Juice May Help Prevent Cancer
Cancer is the leading cause of death in Canada. Fortunately, many healing plants and natural herbs contain anti-cancer antioxidants and flavonoids. Specifically, parsley contains myricetin (which blocks some cancer cell growth) and apigenin (which may shrink breast cancer tumors). It may also diminish the impact of cancer-causing heterocyclic amines (which are present in charred meat).
3. Parsley Juice May Protect Your Heart
Heart disease is the second leading cause of death in Canada. Yet drinking parsley juice may naturally reduce your risk of developing heart disease. The antioxidants in blended, juiced, or extracted parsley can help repair oxidative damage to heart tissue and may also:
- Lower cholesterol;
- Reduce circulatory strain (lowering your risk of both heart attack and stroke); and
- Prevent hardening and thickening of ventricular walls.
4. Parsley Juice May Stave Off Chronic Age-Related Diseases
Like other flavonoid-rich healing plants, parsley can help support your long-term goals for healthy living. That’s because it may help prevent the development of chronic conditions. That includes Parkinson’s and age-related functional decline. Plus, apigenin (found in large amounts in parsley juice) may protect against many neurologically harmful conditions that increase your risk of amnesia and Alzheimer’s disease.
5. Parsley Juice May Help Digestion (& Boost Immunity!)
The microbes in your digestive tract play a critical role in immune system homeostasis. That is, they foster balanced immune responses. These both adequately respond to illness and injury without overreacting (the hallmark of all autoimmune disorders).
Parsley juice—as a healing plant with a protective-effect against food-borne toxins like cadmium—helps protect gut microbes as needed for a healthy immune system.
6. Parsley Juice May Improve Your Kidney & Bladder Health
Though cranberries tend to get the most attention for their impact on urinary health, parsley juice may actually do more! More specifically, parsley and its byproducts can decrease the amount of calcium and protein excreted in urine. That’s important since both can cause bladder/urinary tract irritation and the formation of kidney stones.
7. Parsley Juice May Help Your Dental Hygiene
The chemical and nutritional components of parsley juice may work together to improve your dental health and confidence by:
- Acting as a natural breath-freshener;
- Strengthening teeth (by providing large doses of Vitamin K to help with calcium uptake);
- Fighting off some bacterial and fungal oral infections that cause mouth ulcers and sores;
- Preventing acid reflux, which can permanently erode tooth enamel and cause bad breath.
8. Parsley Juice May Support Better Emotional Health
In addition to being neuroprotective, parsley’s primary flavonoid also has some proven effect on mental health. For example, it may help fight stress-induced inflammation and central nervous system hyperactivity. As a result, drinking parsley juice (in the right strength and concentration) has the potential to diminish the physical consequences of chronic stress and the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Similar to Kratom, parsley juice has a wide array of benefits. The combination of kratom and parsley might even be of interest to some consumers. Send us an email or note on social media if you personally experimented with the two herbs.
Canada Kratom Express
We regularly post health-related blog posts and articles on canadakratomexpress.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up-to-date with the latest tips and join our weekly kratom giveaways.
- Anti-Aging Secrets: How Herbs Can Promote Longevity
- Understanding Kratom: A Comprehensive Guide for Safe Usage
- The Science Behind St. John’s Wort for Depression
- Kratom and Mindfulness: The Perfect Pair for 2023’s Wellness Trend
- Breathe, Sip, Reflect: Integrating Herbal Teas into Routines for Mindful Moments